Now, you might be thinking, why would a coffee company be talking about BBQ'ing ribs? Well, that's because we have something to offer that will take your BBQ summers to the next level with our Four Roses Coffee Rub.
I will not bore you with a long introduction on how much I love BBQ'ing and how much more I love to eat ribs. The process of BBQ'ing ribs is straightforward. However, what takes these ribs to the next level is our signature Coffee Rub.
We used coffee beans from local farms in Brazil and roasted them to a smooth dark/medium roast. The Brazil bean is delicious with intense coffee flavors and aromatics, which we thought would be an excellent option to use for our coffee rub. We matched that with some sea salt, paprika, onion powered, garlic powered, and dark brown sugar, giving the ribs a nice caramelized finish.
Here are the steps we took to make some of the most delicious BBQ ribs ever.
Things you will need
- Your favorite style of ribs, we used St Louis style baby back ribs.
- Aluminum foil and a baking sheet pan
- Oven and a BBQ
- Four Roses Coffee Rub
- Take your ribs and remove the membrane from the back of them. Tip: use a paper towel to help remove it.
- Damp the ribs with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture from the ribs
- Cover ribs with Four Roses Coffee Rub on both sides
- Wrap ribs with aluminum foil and place into an oven at 275 F for 3 to 4 hours
- Once ribs are done, remove from oven, remove foil and finish ribs on a hot grill for 10-15 min depending on how crispy you like your ribs to be. The brown sugar does a beautiful job of caramelizing the ribs at this point.
- When ready, pull off the grille and enjoy
Trust us, once you pull these ribs off the grille you will be in heaven! they are nice and tender, with a delicious crisp around the edges from the grille. The flavors from the rub are not too intense but just the right amount of flavor.
Feel free to try our rub on other meats not just ribs, like chicken and lamb and let us know what you think. tag of on Instagram @fourrosescoffee we would love to see what you come up with.
Click here to order yourself a bottle our rub now!