Do you think you know everything about espresso? There is much more to espresso than most people are even aware of. We all think that it is this very small but powerful cup of coffee that will provide you with a jolt of energy in the morning, making you feel like you can conquer the world. However, there is a lot more to espresso than you think. Here are thirteen amazing facts about espresso that you may or may not know.
- Espresso is an actual process and not actually a type of coffee as most people tend to believe. The process of making espresso is by forcing hot water under a very high pressure through a very fine grind of coffee grounds that last for around 20 to 30 seconds.
- You can make espresso with medium or even light roasted beans. Espresso does not need to be dark roasted at all. In fact using a lighter roast taste better as it has more flavor.
- To make a cup of espresso it takes about 50 coffee beans.
- Espresso was invented in Italy back in the 20th century during the country’s industrial revolution. It was a way to reduce workers coffee breaks. It takes less time to drink and less time to brew.
- Espresso is so important to the Italians that they regulate what can be called espresso.
- It is important that you drink your espresso quick as your espresso will start to lose its flavor within minutes of being brewed.
- November 23rd is national espresso day in the United States.
- Espresso has less caffeine than coffee per a cup, however, since espresso cups are smaller it has more caffeine per an ounce.
- The proper way to pronounce espresso is “ess-presso” and not “expresso”, don’t be like most Americans and call it “expresso”.
- Grounded coffee loses it flavors after about one hour. Make sure that you grind only what you need.
- Stirring your espresso gently before sipping improves the flavor. Your mixing the crema at the top with the more bitter part of the espresso.
How many of these facts did you know about espresso? One thing I never knew about espresso was the fact that all it was is regular coffee beans. I thought it was some sort of even more magical coffee beans that was a well-kept secret by the Italians.
Try making espresso at home, you don’t need a high-end espresso maker to enjoy it. Use a stove top espresso maker that you can get for around $10. You can try it with any of our coffee beans at Four Roses Coffee, choose any of your favorite coffee beans and if you don’t have a coffee grinder, or one that makes the fine grind that you need to make espresso, just choose “espresso” when selecting your grind option.
At Four Roses Coffee Co, we know life can be busy that is why we give you more options. Choose any of our coffee roast and select the espresso for your grind. WE will roast any blend you want to a fine grind making it easier for you. All you need to do is brew and enjoy. Try espresso in any of our flavors like our Mexican Chocolate blend. The Mexican Chocolate blend is a medium smooth coffee that has hints of chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla. Delicious on its own or exceptional as an after-dinner cordial with the Tequila or Kahlua!
Get your bag of Mexican Chocolate espresso blend now before it is all gone.